Monday, September 8, 2008

My Own Private Windmill
      I have never lived in a community where books were banned.   Or maybe I have and never payed attention.  I don't understand banning or burning books.  I really don't get it.  Soon it will be Banned Books Week and I thought it would be cool to read some of those banned books.  Let's see what the big todo is all about.  I googled banned books and came up with some serious listage.  Wikipedia has a huge list of books banned around the world since the dawn of man. That's too many for me.  So I picked this list: "Banned and/or Challenged Books from the Radcliffe Publishing Course Top 100 Novels of the 20th Century".  Sweet.  And, I thought I'd blog about this experience.  We'll see how it goes.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Andrea Diuguid said...

Fascinating; I can't wait to hear about your experience! I subscribed to a feed so that I will be alerted to each new posting.